- View the results of your diagnostic and clinical tests
- Manage your appointments and receive notifications
- Communicate with your doctor
- Receive health-related advice
- Add external documents and reports
Quirónsalud Torrevieja applies emotional intelligence as the key factor in repairing couple’s relationships
More than 80 % of couples who use the Francisco&Canet method achieve their objectives in just 12 sessions
Hospital Quirónsalud Torrevieja applies emotional intelligence as the key factor in repairing couple’s relationships. The Francisco&Canet method is a pioneering couple’s therapy that is offered by specialists at Hospital Quirónsalud Torrevieja. It is based on emotional intelligence and has a very high success rate. It is a brief therapy of 6 to 12 sessions, after which the majority of patients manage to achieve the objectives they set at the beginning of the treatment.
It is based mainly on knowing and being able to regulate emotions and apply marital values, and problems are dealt with from the perspective of self-criticism so that couples gain maturity. "In general couples separate because they have not written off negative emotions. When one of the members of the couple feels offended or grieved, they tend to offend or blame the other, generating a vicious cycle that leads them to separation", explains Doctor Nuria Javaloyes, specialist in psychology at Quirónsalud Torrevieja.
This method sums up years of experience in couple therapy and applies self-referential registers related to emotional intelligence. "The hurt couple have the burden of negative emotions that prevent reconciliation, forgiveness is therapeutic for them and points towards a different future" affirm the authors of the method.
Among the main reasons for couple’s crisis are: a lack of commitment, different life plans, having children, emotional immaturity, unfaithfulness, or the lack of cooperation in household chores, among others.
10 recommendations from the Francisco&Canet method:
- The first step to making your partner happy is choosing the right companion.
- Your partner should be first in everything in your life.
- Compromise is key in most situations. Don’t be their rival, be their "influential" partner.
- Maintain and show your commitment on a daily basis.
- Forgive your partner with ease.
- Always share family and household responsibilities.
- Remind yourself regularly of good moments with your partner.
- Dedicate a few minutes each day to your relationship.
- Use but do not abuse of displays of affection and physical contact.
- Accept your companion the way they are and don’t try to change them.