The specialists at Quirónsalud Madrid University Hospital are leaders in the following areas:
Dr. Juan José Rufilanchas and Dr. Alberto Forteza head the team with the highest number of cases treated in Spain with the David technique and similar outcomes to those of the best centres in Canada and the United States. This technique enables resection of aneurysms in the aorta without impairing the valve. They also have extensive experience in coronary artery surgery and in valvue surgery (for both the implant of biological or mechanical valves, and also valve repair).
The Neurosurgery Department is run by Dr. Carlos Ruiz-Ocaña, backed up by a team with wide experience in dealing with brain tumours using neural navigation, the surgical treatment of epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease, pathologies of the spine and also paediatric neurosurgical procedures. In the field of Neuro-Oncology, they apply the latest breakthroughs in the treatment of malignant cerebral processes, including brain surgery with conscious patients to prevent damage to speech-control areas by means of intra-operative stimulation.
Dr. José Luis Martín del Yerro Coca heads up the Plastic Surgery Department at the Quirónsalud Madrid University Hospital, an international benchmark in breast remodelling. This department also has a great deal of expertise in facial surgery, rhinoplasty, otoplasty, body sculpting and surgery to relieve the after-effects of trauma or burns.
Dr. Ramón Pérez Carrión and Dr. Francisco Javier Hornedo lead the Oncology Department at Quirónsalud Madrid University Hospital. This Unit co-ordinates all the processes involving cancer patients to achieve three basic goals: early diagnosis, comprehensive multi-disciplinary treatment, and personalized, humane care. Our specialists, of acknowledged prestige, cover many areas in oncological medicine, radiation therapy, haematology, paediatric oncology, nuclear medicine and all necessary medical and surgical specialities for the diagnosis and comprehensive treatment of cancer-related processes. An early diagnosis is essential for a good prognosis in oncological diseases. To this end, Quirónsalud Madrid makes use of the most advanced technologies such as PET-CT scans, Magnetic Resonance, 64-slice CT, gamma camera, digital mammogram with a stereotaxis unit, etc.
The professionals at Quirónsalud Madrid University Hospital have a long track record in performing oncological surgery in different specialities:
- Gynecology Oncology Dr. Ricardo Sáinz de la Cuesta, the Head of Department for Gynaecology and Obstetrics at Quirónsalud Madrid, and Dr. Ginéz Hernández Cortes, associate head of the same department, are both experts in oncological gynecology. Dr. Sainz de la Cuesta eis Board certified by de American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology and by de American College of Gynecology Oncology. Dr. Hernández is highly specialized in breast surgery. This team use Da Vinci Surgery Robot in histerectomy and linfadectomy.
- General surgery and surgery of Digestive System Dr. Jesús Merello Godino is the head of this department, in which a large team of surgeons perform different types of surgery: oesophagogastric surgery, hepatobiliopancreatic surgery, abdominal wall surgery and major out-patient surgery. They also practise coloproctology, the study and treatment of diseases affecting the colon, rectum and anus. In addition, they are experts in the surgical treatment of pathologies affecting the main endocrine glands: thyroid, parathyroid, suprarenal glands and the so-called diffuse endocrine system represented by the gastrointestinal endocrine system and endocrine pancreas. Use Davinci Surgery robot in the treatment of esophageal and anal tumors.
- Urology: Jose Manuel Rodriguez Luna, is head of the Urology Unit, that joints a team of experts urologist in diagnostic and instrumental techniques against tumor. The action of this unit focuses on the diagnosis and surgical treatment of various urological injuries, with special attention to urologic endoscopic surgery , laparoscopic surgical procedures and with the Da Vinci robot.
- Thoracic Surgery Dr. Andrés Varela is the head of the Thoracic Surgery Unit, where he and his team implement the most advanced surgical procedures for diseases of the chest. They specialize in the surgical treatment of pathologies affecting the lungs, trachea and bronchial tree, the pleura, diaphragm, mediastinum and the structures on the rib cage. This team is highly specialized in lung cancer surgery with Da Vinci Robot and other advanced techniques.
- Breast surgery and immediate reconstructive surgery Breast reconstruction (following mastectomy, agenesis, hypoplasia, tuberous breasts) through the use of heterologous devices (tissue expanders and prostheses) or with the patient’s own tissues (TRAM flaps, DIEP flaps, broad dorsal flaps, etc.).
- Robotic Surgery: Quirónsalud Madrid University Hospital has its facilities for surgery, the Da Vinci robotic surgical system. This system is considered the best surgical robotic system that exists today.
Interventions with the Da Vinci robot offers surgeons better view, more accurately , a greater range of motion , helping to make access to areas where the human hand can not reach, with minimal incision. All these characteristics improve the surgical outcome and accelerate recovery.
At the Assisted Reproduction Unit at the Quirónsalud Madrid Hospital, run by Dr. Antonio Gosálvez, we establish a direct, ongoing relationship with each patient in order to adapt completely to their availability, for which purpose we provide the best technological and human resources. This allows us to establish a speedy and comfortable diagnosis and a treatment proposal to match their situation. This unit comprises a multidisciplinary team made up of renowned specialists with a long track record and the most modern structure and technologies. There are a number of techniques available to patients, depending on the diagnosis reached by the specialists:
- Ovulation induction (OI)
- Artificial insemination (AI)
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Micro-scale intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Oocyte donation and sperm donation (OVODON, IAD)