Quirónsalud Valencia incorporates a new traumatology service specialized in minimally invasive approaches
The Hospital Quirónsalud Valencia has incorporated a new Traumatology Service in which it highlights its high specialization in minimally invasive approaches and an establishment of fast roads for patient care, which allows to offer agility in the performance of diagnostic tests and treatments.
This service is divided into different specialized units in which are the foot and ankle, hand and upper limb, hip and spine, all led by specialists with training in hospitals of the first order here in Spain and training stays in various hospitals from the USA, as well as authors of numerous scientific works on new treatment pathways.
Benefits of the arthroscopic approach
Within the service emphasizes the arthroscopic approach of the different articulatory pathologies led by Dr. Vicente Carratalá, coordinator of the service and responsible for Surgery of Hand and Upper Member, which allows to deal with the injuries of the joints through small incisions and with the help of a chamber of only 2.5 millimeters in diameter, work inside to diagnose and treat from fractures to ligament injuries, cartilage injuries, etc. Among its many benefits, Dr. Carratalá highlights "a faster recovery and less pain for the patient." For his part, Dr. Rodrígo Díaz, head of the Foot and Ankle Unit, adds that "this type of surgery helps to cure and diagnose a large number of pathologies previously underdiagnosed and treated erroneously."
Dynamic systems that prevent reoperations in spine surgeries
According to the latest articles on epidemiology published in the prestigious American magazine Spine, 80% of the population will have at some point in their lives a problem related to the back. Currently, 40% of the population suffers from chronic spinal pain which places it as the second cause of medical consultation only behind respiratory diseases. "The positive data", as indicated by Dr. Felipe Garibo, responsible for the Raquis Unit, "is that 80% of the spinal pathologies are solved with conservative treatment, with the prescription of anti-inflammatories, a modification of postural hygiene and the execution of specific exercises. Only in the remaining 20% of cases is an intervention necessary ".
In addition to the minimally invasive approach to spinal pathology, the unit is a reference in the use and development of dynamic systems for the treatment of degenerative spine pathologies that greatly reduce the aggressiveness of the intervention and long-term complications. . This technique favors that the union between the operated area and the healthy one is more elastic, which allows a progressive transition of loads in the spine and provides a better quality of life over time to the operated patients. "The use of dynamic spinal systems," adds Dr. Garibo, "helps prevent one of the most frequent complications in spinal surgery, known as the adjacent syndrome. This syndrome consists of the degeneration of the spine and affects one of every two of the patients operated on with the classic techniques within a period of five years, which means the reoperation of the patient in one of every five cases. "