COVID-19 screening tests
You can buy your test online at e-quironsalud.es
or make an appointment by filling in the attached form.
Which COVID-19 test should I take?
Types of tests
The PCR test (88€) detects the presence of COVID-19 virus genetic material.
- It is the most specific and sensitive test.
- Useful at any stage of the disease.
- Results in 24 hours*.
- Sample obtained at the same appointment. Nasopharyngeal sample.
- You get your report conveniently on your smartphone via the Patient Portal and/or by SMS.
The antigen test (40€) detects the presence of COVID-19 virus proteins.
- Useful in the first week, especially in people with symptoms.
- Results in 30 minutes.
- Sample obtained at the same appointment. Nasopharyngeal swab.
- Immediate peace of mind, you get your report conveniently on your smartphone via the Patient Portal and/or by SMS.
Serological test or antibody test (40€) detects antibodies produced by the patient infected by the COVID-19 virus.
- Useful from the first week onwards. The first antibody, IgM, begins to rise, and from the third week the second antibody, IgG, appears.
- Sample obtained at the same appointment. Sample by blood collection.
- It informs you if you have been infected with the COVID-19 virus. It tells you what stage of the disease you may be in: acute (IgM), or if you have already passed it (IgG).
Testing hours are 24 hours a day, Monday to Sunday. Ask for an appointment or go directly to the Quirónsalud Torrevieja hospital. You do not need a prescription for the test, but we recommend you book an appointment through our website to avoid waiting.
* The result in 24 hours is an estimated time that may vary depending on the volume of tests in the hospital / centre and non-working days.