Sandra Rodríguez Barceló
- Nombre centro
- Quirónsalud Murcia Hospital
- DIrección centro
- Calle Miguel Hernández, 12. 30011 Murcia
Doctor Rodríguez started her professional career in 2006, completing her residence period in Neurosurgery at Hospital Carlos Haya in Málaga. Afterwards, she transferred to Hospital Quirónsalud de Murcia, and she also practices her specialisation at Hospital Quirónsalud de Torrevieja.
- Endoscopic surgery for disc hernia and spinal column stenosis.
- Arthrodesis of the cervical and lumbar spine, including minimally invasive techniques: XLIF, TLIF, OLIF.
- Microsurgery on medullary tumours under neurophysiological control.
- Insertion of cerebrospinal shunt systems (VPS, VAS).
- Endoscopic trans-sphenoidal endonasal surgery for pituitary tumours.
- Brain tumour microsurgery.
- Microsurgical decompression of the posterior fossa to treat Chiari’s malformation.
- Hydrocephalus treatment with both valvular systems and endoscopic premammillary ventriculostomy.
- 2012. Physician Specialised in Neurosurgery. Ministerio de Educación [Ministry of Education] 2006-2011: Neurosurgery Resident in MIR [Resident Medical Intern] under the direction of Dr Miguel Angel Arráez Sánchez. Hospital Regional Universitario Carlos Haya. Málaga.
- 2007-2009: Málaga University. School of Medicine. Human Physiology and Physical Medicine Department.
- 1998-2004: Degree of Medical Surgeon, Universidad del Norte, Barranquilla, Colombia.
- 2004 Ministerio de Educación [Ministry of Education], Validation of degree as Bachelor's in Medicine and Surgery.
- July 2003 to June 2004. Hospital Virgen de la Arrixaca. Rotating Internship year. Medical Practice in different healthcare services: Neurosurgery, Neurology, Internal Medicine, Paediatrics, Gynaecology and Obstetrics, and General Surgery.
POSTGRADUATE NEUROSURGERY TRAINING RESIDENCY IN DIFFERENT SERVICES
- February and March of 2011:
Department of Neurosurgery. Brigham and Women Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, United States, Fellowship in Endoscopic Pituitary Surgery. Pituitary and Neuroendocrine Center. Dr Edward Laws Jr.
- October-December of 2010:
- Dipartimento di Scienze Neurologiche, Cattedra di Neurochirurgia, Università degli Studi di Napoli Federico II.
Advance Fellowship in Endoscopic Endonasal Skull base surgery. Prof. Paolo Cappabianca and Dr Luigi Maria Cavallo.
Assistance to the Functional Area of Pituitary Pathology of the Department of Endocrinology and Molecular Oncology, headed by Prof. Annamaria Colao.
- May of 2010. neurosurgery Service. Fundación Jiménez Díaz, Madrid.
- Epilepsy Surgery and Functional Surgery.
- March-May of 2009. neurosurgery Service. Hospital Regional de Elche.
Spinal Column Surgery (minimally invasive techniques on the spinal column)
Reconocimiento y publicaciones
She has authored several book chapters, and published five international scientific dissemination articles.