Multidisciplinary integrated unit
Quirónsalud Torrevieja Hospital has set up a pioneering neurorehabilitation department that has the best facilities and advanced technology. It is one of the two neurorehabilitation departments in Spain that has an ICU.
We provide personalised treatment by a multidisciplinary and specialised team aimed at providing top quality care.
Quirónsalud Torrevieja Hospital becomes the first Neurorrehabilitation Department in Spain that offers training support for families and patients using augmented reality technology, in addition to virtual rehabilitation through Biotrak and multi-touch screen.
The Neurorehabilitation Unit offers care to patients with neurological lesions who:
- Develop a progressive functional disability that can create a temporary or permanent dependence.
- After an acute episode due to neurological injury, need hospital care in order to medically stabilize the patient and recover the altered functions as much as possible.
- Spinal cord injuries require multidisciplinary inpatient and/or outpatient care in order to recover or adapt altered functions.
- Have acquired or unexpected cognitive disorders and require care for the total or partial recovery of their cognitive deficit or to delay irreversible deterioration.
Patient tailored programmes
The following programs are established based on the type of patients attended at the neurorehabilitation department:
- Medical assessment and diagnosis
- Therapeutic assessment and diagnosis
- Physical and Functional Rehabilitation
- Applied technology
- Cognitive Stimulation
- Language and communication rehabilitation
- Evaluation and stimulation in neurodegenerative diseases.
- Family support
- Training for the usual caregiver
- Technical and structural adaptation of the house