Carlos Sala Palau
CargoMetabolic and Bariatric Surgery Specialist
- Nombre centro
- Quirónsalud Valencia Hospital
- DIrección centro
- Av. De Blasco Ibañez,14. 46010 Valencia
Pioneer in the development and implantation of Bariatric Surgery in the Valencian Community since 1996 working at the Hospital Clínico Universitario, as well as at the Quirónsalud Valencia Hospital. His experience includes having operated over 1,000 patients in Obesity and Metabolic Surgery.
Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery Specialist
- Head of the Obesity Unit at Quirónsalud Valencia Hospital since 1998
- Doctor of Medicine and Surgery from the University of Valencia with Cum Laude Distinction in 2001.
- General Surgery and Digestive System Specialist (MIR programme) at Hospital Clínico in Valencia since 1996.
- Training at the Department of Surgery of the Cleveland Clinic Foundation (Cleveland, OH, USA) in 1995.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from the University of Valencia in 1990.
Reconocimiento y publicaciones
Attendance, participation and organisation of more than 50 Meetings and Congresses. He has taught over 10 Master courses, Tutor of Training Internships of the University of Valencia ADEIT – University-Business Foundation, and Teaching Collaborator at the Department of Surgery in the Faculty of Medicine of Valencia from 1996 to 2010.
Active member of the Scientific Societies of General and Digestive System Surgery and Endocrine and Obesity Surgery, both at the national and international level (Spanish Association of Surgeons, Endocrine Surgery Section, Valencian Society of Surgery, Spanish Society of Obesity Surgery and Metabolic Diseases - SECO, International Federation for Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery – IFSO, and American Society for Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery - ASBMS).