Juan Antonio Luján Monpeán
CargoGeneral and Digestive system Surgery
- Nombre centro
- Quirónsalud Murcia Hospital
- DIrección centro
- Calle Miguel Hernández, 12. 30011 Murcia
Pioneer of laparoscopic surgery, and responsible for starting and developing this type of surgery at Hospital Universitario "Virgen de la Arrixaca", performing, initially, interventions of medium complexity, such as cholecystectomies, appendectomies, hiatal hernias and splenectomies, and later more complex interventions, such as colon and rectal cancer, morbid obesity, inflammatory intestinal disease... All this healthcare activity has been the subject of several randomised prospective studies about appendectomies, cholecystectomies, colon and rectal cancer, morbid obesity and sole-port laparoscopic surgery, among others, which were published in the highest impact-factor journals in surgery.
Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery
Colon and Rectal Cancer
Bachelor’s Degree from Murcia University with Extraordinary Bachelor Award.
Doctor in Medicine and Surgery from Murcia University in 1988 with the Apt "Cum Laude" mark.
Performance of several specialisation courses:
- Hepatobiliary and Hepatic Transplant Training Session in the Service of Prof. H. Bistmuth, "Paul Brousse" Hospital in Paris.
- Laparoscopic Surgery Training Session in the Service of Prof. F. Dubois, Paris.
- Laparoscopic Surgery Training Session in the Service of Docteur P. Mouret,
- Coloproctology Training at St. Mark Hospital in London.
- Attestation de Formation aux techniques de Chirugie Digestive Laparoscopique from the Société Française de Chirugie Digestive. Certificat d’Universite de Chirugie Viscerale Laparoscopique from Universite Louis Pasteur de Strabourg.
Reconocimiento y publicaciones
Extraordinary Award for Doctorate in Medicine and Surgery from Murcia University.
Member of the panel of experts on colon and rectal cancer prevention of the Consejería de Sanidad [Department of Healthcare] for the Region of Murcia.