- Carlos Sala PalauMetabolic and Bariatric Surgery SpecialistQuirónsalud Valencia HospitalAv. De Blasco Ibañez,14. 46010 ValenciaExperience
Pioneer in the development and implantation of Bariatric Surgery in the Valencian Community since 1996 working at the Hospital Clínico Universitario, as well as at the Quirónsalud Valencia Hospital. His experience includes having operated over 1,000 patients in Obesity and Metabolic Surgery.Techniques
Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery Specialist
- Head of the Obesity Unit at Quirónsalud Valencia Hospital since 1998
- Doctor of Medicine and Surgery from the University of Valencia with Cum Laude Distinction in 2001.
- General Surgery and Digestive System Specialist (MIR programme) at Hospital Clínico in Valencia since 1996.
- Training at the Department of Surgery of the Cleveland Clinic Foundation (Cleveland, OH, USA) in 1995.
Recognition and publications
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from the University of Valencia in 1990.
Attendance, participation and organisation of more than 50 Meetings and Congresses. He has taught over 10 Master courses, Tutor of Training Internships of the University of Valencia ADEIT – University-Business Foundation, and Teaching Collaborator at the Department of Surgery in the Faculty of Medicine of Valencia from 1996 to 2010.
Active member of the Scientific Societies of General and Digestive System Surgery and Endocrine and Obesity Surgery, both at the national and international level (Spanish Association of Surgeons, Endocrine Surgery Section, Valencian Society of Surgery, Spanish Society of Obesity Surgery and Metabolic Diseases - SECO, International Federation for Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery – IFSO, and American Society for Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery - ASBMS).
- Juan Antonio Luján MonpeánGeneral and Digestive system SurgeryQuirónsalud Murcia HospitalCalle Miguel Hernández, 12. 30011 MurciaExperience
Pioneer of laparoscopic surgery, and responsible for starting and developing this type of surgery at Hospital Universitario "Virgen de la Arrixaca", performing, initially, interventions of medium complexity, such as cholecystectomies, appendectomies, hiatal hernias and splenectomies, and later more complex interventions, such as colon and rectal cancer, morbid obesity, inflammatory intestinal disease... All this healthcare activity has been the subject of several randomised prospective studies about appendectomies, cholecystectomies, colon and rectal cancer, morbid obesity and sole-port laparoscopic surgery, among others, which were published in the highest impact-factor journals in surgery.Techniques
Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery
Colon and Rectal CancerTraining
Bachelor’s Degree from Murcia University with Extraordinary Bachelor Award.
Doctor in Medicine and Surgery from Murcia University in 1988 with the Apt "Cum Laude" mark.
Performance of several specialisation courses:
Recognition and publications
- Hepatobiliary and Hepatic Transplant Training Session in the Service of Prof. H. Bistmuth, "Paul Brousse" Hospital in Paris.
- Laparoscopic Surgery Training Session in the Service of Prof. F. Dubois, Paris.
- Laparoscopic Surgery Training Session in the Service of Docteur P. Mouret,
- Coloproctology Training at St. Mark Hospital in London.
- Attestation de Formation aux techniques de Chirugie Digestive Laparoscopique from the Société Française de Chirugie Digestive. Certificat d’Universite de Chirugie Viscerale Laparoscopique from Universite Louis Pasteur de Strabourg.
Extraordinary Award for Doctorate in Medicine and Surgery from Murcia University.
Member of the panel of experts on colon and rectal cancer prevention of the Consejería de Sanidad [Department of Healthcare] for the Region of Murcia.
Obesity is defined as the abnormal or excessive accumulation of fat that can damage your health. Obesity, also known as the 21st century epidemic, now affects 17% of the adult population and its consequences include diseases as serious as diabetes, ischemic heart disease, cardiovascular disease, respiratory failure, osteoarthritis and the appearance of certain types of tumours
We carry out a comprehensive personalised treatment of obesity, suggesting the most appropriate strategies for the patient. The aim is to reach the adequate and agreed body weight with each patient in a gradual and controlled manner.
There are different alternatives to achieve these that begin with a conservative treatment, based on making changes in the diet and lifestyles of each person. When necessary, there are endoscopic and surgical techniques that help the patient achieve this weight loss.
Yes, we offer the possibility of financing your treatment in up to 24 months without interest. Our Case Manager will inform you about the terms and conditions.