Antonio Brugarolas Masllorens
CargoHead - Oncology Department
- Nombre centro
- Quirónsalud Torrevieja Hospital
- DIrección centro
- Partida de la Loma s/n. 03184 Torrevieja (Alicante)
Dr. Brugarolas was head of the Department of Oncology and served as Associate Professor of Oncology at the University of Navarra between 1980 and 2000, developing a multidisciplinary, care and teaching programme where more than 30 specialists have been trained. He has supervised over 20 doctoral theses and is the author or co-author of more than 100 publications or chapters in books on his speciality.
Since September 2000 he has developed and steered the Oncology Platform of Quirónsalud Torrevieja Hospital, an innovative project that brings together numerous qualified professionals from different specialities to provide comprehensive cancer care with top-level results and quality, currently a national benchmark in cancer treatment.
- Personalised therapy based on the Molecular Profile of the tumour.
- Intra-arterial Chemotherapy: supra-selective of supra-aortic trunks, liver, limbs.
- Immunotherapy: High doses of Interleukin-2, TIL cell vaccines, dendritic cell vaccines.
- High doses of Chemotherapy and Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant.
- Intraoperative perfusion of Chemotherapy with hyperthermia (HIPEC) in pleura and peritoneum. (Sugarbaker).
- Abdominal and Chest Cancer Surgery.
- Sarcoma Surgery.
- Oncoplasty and Reconstructive Surgery.
- Intraoperative Perfusion of Organs and Tissues.
- Breast Unit.
- He specialised in oncology in the US, as an intern in the first year in pathology at the Metropolitan Hospital.
- 1984 Doctor of Medicine from the University of Navarra.
- 1968 ECMFG Certification.
- 1967, Intern through open competition at the Hospital Clinic.
- 1967 Bachelor of Medicine from the University of Barcelona.
Reconocimiento y publicaciones
- Publication of over two hundred articles in international scientific journals.