Francisco Ripoll Orts
CargoBreast Diseases Surgeon
- Nombre centro
- Quirónsalud Valencia Hospital
- DIrección centro
- Av. De Blasco Ibañez,14. 46010 Valencia
Dr. Ripoll has in-depth experience in the field of breast surgery, and he has been the head of hospitals of reference such as University and Polytechnic La Fe Hospital of Valencia. Since 2017, this renowned surgeon heads the breast surgery and diseases department at the Quirónsalud Valencia hospital, applying advanced cancer surgery techniques with a high cure percentage through minimally invasive and conservative surgeries.
The physician also combines his medical activity with university teaching at the University of Medicine since 2011.
- Prevention of breast diseases.
- Early diagnosis of cancer.
- Diagnosis and treatment of benign breast diseases.
- Multidisciplinary treatment of breast cancer.
- Post-mastectomy reconstruction.
- Intraoperative Radiotherapy.
- Master in Healthcare Management from the Catholic University of Valencia, from October 2014 to June 2015.
- Master in Senology and Breast Diseases from the University of Barcelona (2010-2012).
- Training programme at the Breast Diseases Unit of the ISTITUTO EUROPEO DI ONCOLGIA in Milan, with Professor Umberto Veronessi.
- Doctor in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Valencia in 1996.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from the University of Valencia in 1988.
Recognition and publications
- National Surgery Award 1998. For the work: "Genetic alterations and oxidative metabolism in sporadic colorectal tumours from a Spanish community." Published in: Mol. Carcinogénesis, 1997.
- Authored over 50 Papers at Spanish Congresses and more than 20 papers at International Congresses in his speciality. He has also published more than 30 articles, including 7 in international journals, and two book chapters.
- Organiser, coordinator and teacher of the Training Courses in Breast Diseases for intern doctors of General and Digestive System Surgery and Surgical Specialists, organised by the Breast Diseases section of the Spanish Association of Surgeons, from 2013 till now.