Manuel Bernal Sprekelsen
CargoENT specialist in Endoscopic Surgery
- Nombre centro
- Quirónsalud Valencia Hospital
- DIrección centro
- Av. De Blasco Ibañez,14. 46010 Valencia
Doctor Manuel Bernal Sprekelsen, professor of otolaryngology at the Medical University of Valencia, has spent most of his professional career as the head of department at Hospital Clínic of Barcelona. Recently he has joined the medical panel of Quirónsalud Valencia Hospital to provide his services with the aim of offering its patients minimally invasive endoscopic techniques for treating diseases of the nose and sinuses of which he is one among the most pioneering doctors world-wide. Likewise, Dr. Manuel Bernal is one of the renowned benchmarks for the treatment of laryngeal cancer using transoral microsurgery with carbon laser which combines the accuracy and clotting ability of carbon laser with the microscopic control and provides very good oncological and functional results. Currently opted as the first-choice treatment for early laryngeal cancer as it offers more than 90% survival rate at 5 years, as well as the preservation of larynx.
- Endoscopic surgery of paranasal sinuses and skull base
- Reconstructive surgery of the middle ear.
- Minimally invasive surgery of laryngeal and hypopharyngeal tumours.
Associate professor of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck (1997), Ruhr-Univ.Bochum, Germany
Postdoctoral studies: Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (1991), St. Elisabeth Hospital, Ruhr-Univ.Bochum, Germany
Speciality: Otorhinolaryngology- Head and neck (1987). University of Mainz, Germany
Doctorate degree: 1982 Johannes-Gutemberg University of Mainz (Germany)
Reconocimiento y publicaciones
- Author of more than 170 articles indexed in journals and 15 books of his speciality.
- Vice-president of the Spanish Otorhinolaryngology Society.