Manuel Sureda González
CargoOncology Department Specialist
- Nombre centro
- Quirónsalud Torrevieja Hospital
- DIrección centro
- Partida de la Loma s/n. 03184 Torrevieja (Alicante)
He began his professional career at the General Hospital of Catalonia in 1991. In 1993, he was appointed Head of the Medical Oncology Department of that hospital, a position he held until 2000, when he was appointed Director of the Cancer Institute. Between 1993 and 2002 he was responsible for the hematopoietic progenitor transplant programme of the hospital, accredited by the Regional Department of Health under the Regional Government of Catalonia. He is currently working at the Oncology Platform of the Quirónsalud Hospital in Torrevieja.
- Personalised therapy based on the Molecular Profile of the tumour.
- Intra-arterial Chemotherapy: supra-selective of supra-aortic trunks, liver, limbs.
- Immunotherapy: High doses of Interleukin-2, TIL cell vaccines, dendritic cell vaccines.
- High doses of Chemotherapy and Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant.
- Intraoperative perfusion of Chemotherapy with hyperthermia (HIPEC) in pleura and peritoneum. (Sugarbaker).
- Abdominal and Chest Cancer Surgery.
- Sarcoma Surgery.
- Oncoplasty and Reconstructive Surgery.
- Intraoperative Perfusion of Organs and Tissues.
- Breast Unit.
- Specialisation in Medical Oncology at the Navarra University Clinic between 1986 and 1989, Training at the Immunotherapy Laboratory of the Department of Oncology of the Cleveland Clinic Foundation (Cleveland, Ohio, USA).
- Doctor of Medicine from the University of Navarra with the cum laude distinction (1991).
- He studied Medicine at the University of Navarra (1979-1985) obtaining the Outstanding distinction in the Degree.
Recognition and publications
He is the author of more than 50 papers at congresses and articles in specialised journals.
He is a member of international societies of his domain specialisation (AACR, ASCO, ASH).