Pedro Bretcha Boix
CargoHead of the General and Digestive System Surgery/ Surgical Oncology Department
- Nombre centro
- Quirónsalud Torrevieja Hospital
- DIrección centro
- Partida de la Loma s/n. 03184 Torrevieja (Alicante)
Dr. Pedro Bretcha has been practicing his profession for twenty years at Quirónsalud Torrevieja Hospital as a founding member of the Oncology Platform in a multidisciplinary team implanting multiple cancer techniques. Pioneer in many avant-garde techniques for cancer treatment, he performed the first Isolated Perfusion of Liver with Melphalan and Hyperthermia in Spain, as well as the treatment of peritoneal carcinomatosis via cytoreductive surgery + perioperative intraperitoneal chemo-hyperthermia (HIPEC), intraoperative radiotherapy, oncological rescue surgery of the liver, pancreas, pelvis, etc.
- Peritoneal or pleural carcinomatosis surgery with Chemotherapy in hyperthermia (HIPEC), based on Sugarbaker Technique.
- Liver surgery. Ablation of tumours with radiofrequency.
- Perfusion of limbs with TNF and Melphalan in the treatment of Melanomas in transitory Sarcomas of limbs.
- Electrochemotherapy for the treatment of non-operable skin tumours.
- Intraoperative radiotherapy for the treatment of breast cancer, retroperitoneal, rectum, pancreatic, gastric tumours, etc.
- ‘ONE STEP' therapy in early breast cancer.
Certificate of Off-Site Training as a Console Surgeon using the da Vinci Surgical System. April 2009.
He obtained the Diploma of Cancer Surgery from the European Board of Surgery (EBS) on 29 November 2006.
Hepato-biliary and Pancreatic Surgery at the Hospital Mútua of Tarrasa from January 2000 to February 2001. He got his M.I.R. position in 1994 and did his residency in General and Digestive System Surgery at the Hospital Mutua of Tarrasa from January 1995 to December 1999.
1995-96-97: Doctorate courses, meeting the research requirements from the Autonomous University of Barcelona:
1986 - 1993: Bachelors in Medicine and Surgery from the Autonomous University of Barcelona at the Teaching unit of the Valle de Hebrón Hospital.
Reconocimiento y publicaciones
- Vice-president of the Spanish Society of Surgical Oncology (SEOQ)
- Active member of the European Society of Surgical Oncology (ESSO)