CargoOrthopaedic and Trauma Surgery Specialist
- Nombre centro
- Quirónsalud Valencia Hospital
- DIrección centro
- Av. De Blasco Ibañez,14. 46010 Valencia
Dr. Vicente Carratalá Baixauli has a Bachelors degree in Medicine and Surgery from the Faculty of Medicine of Rovira i Virgili University of Tarragona since 2000. During his academic training he was an intern at the General Surgery Department of the University of Tarragona, collaborating in practical teaching.
Between 2002 and 2007, he completed his training in Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology via MIR programme at the University Hospital La Fe in Valencia.
Since 2007, he has been working as an attending assistant doctor at the Traumatology department of Unión de Mutuas and at the Quirónsalud Hospital of Valencia in the Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology Unit of the upper limb where he has performed more than 7000 operations.
- Wrist arthroscopy
- Elbow arthroscopy
- Shoulder arthroscopy
- Cubital nerve entrapment
- Epicondylitis (tennis elbow)
- Tendonitis of the shoulder
- Sports injuries of upper limb
- Traumatic hand, wrist and elbow injuries
- Fellow/Observership. Hand and Wrist Surgery. Stanford University. Palo Alto( California) Dr Jeffrey Yao. June-July 2014
- Fellow/Observership at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York). Arm Unit. December 2012
- Fellow/Observership at Badia Hand to Shoulder Centre (Dr Alejandro Badia), Miami (Florida), March 2013, February 2012 and February 2011
- Fellow/Observership at The Hand Institute (Dr Jorge Orbay), Miami (Florida), June 2010
- Title of specialist in Orthopedic and Traumatology, obtained as Internal Medicine Resident at the Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology Department of the University Hospital La Fe in Valencia. 2002-2007
- Fellow in Arthroscopy and Sports Traumatology at Clínica del Pilar-ISAKOS Approved Teaching Centre in Barcelona and Mutualidad Futbolistas Federación Catalana led by Dr. Ramón Cugat Bertomeu: November 2006
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from the Faculty of Medicine of Rovira i Virgili University of Tarragona. 1994-00 Batch.
Reconocimiento y publicaciones
- Course director of Wrist Arthroscopy Workshop, Valencia (2013, 2015, 2017)
- Co-director of the "Surgical skills course: reconstructive elbow surgery" (Madrid 2017)
- Director of the hands-on-training course of upper limb held by the National Arthroscopy Training Plan of the Spanish Arthroscopy Association (2016).
- Course director "current concepts in arthroscopic wrist surgery." Arthrolab, Munich 2016.
- Member of the Organising Committee of the Shoulder Expert Forum Valencia
- Associate editor of the Iberoamerican Journal of Hand Surgery
- Member of the Editorial Committee of the Spanish Journal of Arthroscopy and Joint Surgery.
- Author of several publications in national and international journals related to surgery and arthroscopy of the hand, wrist and elbow.
- Speaker at courses and Spanish congresses as hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder arthroscopy specialist.