Paloma Carrasco Vergara
Bachelor's degree in Psychology and expert in Systemic Family Therapy from the Complutense University of Madrid. Specialized in Clinical and Health Psychology, she completed her internship at Gregorio Marañón Hospital in Madrid and since 2003 has worked in private practice at different medical centers. Since 2011 she has been working in private practice for Quirónsalud Sagrado Corazón Hospital and also currently for Quirónsalud Infanta Luisa Hospital.
In 2014 she joined Obemets (Obesity and Metabolic Syndrome Unit) as the Unit Psychologist. Clinical Psychology (individual psychology, for couples, family therapy, problems with anxiety, depression...) and Systemic Psychology; she has become a key piece in obesity treatment, providing psychological care to patients with obesity, accompanying them throughout the entire process to address emotional and behavioral problems associated with food and eating.
- Psychology consultation in private practice at the Quirónsalud Sagrado Corazón and Quirónsalud Infanta Luisa hospitals (individual psychotherapy, anxiety, depression, behavior disorders, and family and couples therapy).
- Psychology private practice at various medical centers since 2003.
- Psychologist for ObeMetS (Quirónsalud Sagrado Corazón Obesity and Metabolic Syndrome Unit) since it was founded. Patient motivation and support throughout the process of change in seeking solutions for obesity. Helps patients develop tools through emotional intelligence to better handle anxiety and the various psychological problems that are typically associated with obesity.
- As a training consultant, she teaches classes on emotional intelligence, leadership, motivation, values, etc. for multiple companies, schools, and family counseling centers.
- Psychologist and family therapist at multiple COF (Family Counseling Center).
Membership in Scientific Societies:
- Member of the Spanish Society for the Study of Obesity (SEEDO).
- Member of UCOFA (Seville Family Orientation Association).
- Member of the Spanish Society of Psychosomatic Medicine (SEMP).
- Member of the Official Association of Psychologists since 2000.
Training and Teaching:
- Training consultant and speaker.
- Classes, courses, and conferences at numerous public and private teaching centers on emotional intelligence, leadership, and motivation, parenting classes, and marriage.
- Participation in the I Conference on Psychology, Coaching, and Organizations. Professional Association of Psychologists of Western Andalusia.
- Participation in the I Conference on Obesity and Psychology. SEEDO.
- Collaboration with the Basic Psychology Department at UCM on research into Unconscious Learning.
- Course on Relaxation Techniques in the Rebull Offices in Madrid.
- Monographic course "Las Depresiones" taught by the Spanish Society of Psychosomatic Medicine and Medical Psychology and the Miguel de Cervantes University Foundation.
- Course on Schizophrenia at the Rebull Offices in Madrid.
- Talk "Dime cómo soy para saber quien soy," on self-esteem, motivation, and communication.
- Course on emotional leadership, values and strengths, talent management, leadership skills, stress management, and communication.
- Talk "Educación en positivo e inteligencia emocional," on social skill and personal realization.
- Talk "Liderar en casa deja huella a los hijos," on parenting.
- Creator of the "Curso Práctico de Felicidad," designed to train emotional intelligence, positive psychology, and empowerment.
- Talk "¿Quién quiero ser de mayor?", analysis of inspirational models of values, motivation, and personal overcoming.
- Talk "¡No me quieras mucho… quiéreme bien!", on love and feelings, psychological differences. Common mistakes. Living together.
Other information of interest:
- Author of the blog: "Stand by me: un Camino Inteligente a la Felicidad."
- Personal weekly radio program (live broadcast on Wednesdays) about psychology on esRadioSeville, "Vivir en Positivo."
- Regular collaborator in the media: Canal Sur TV ("Salud al Día," "Tiene Arreglo," etc.), Cadena Cope and written press.