The Hematology and Hemotherapy Service of Hospital Quirónsalud Costa Adeje is responsible for the chemical and physiological process of the blood and its components, the so-called haemopoietic or hematopoietic organs (red bone marrow, lymph nodes, spleen, etc.), as well as blood diseases.
The specialists of Quirónsalud Costa Adeje are responsible for:
- The physiology of blood and hematopoietic organs.
- The clinical-biological study of diseases of the blood and the hematopoietic organs and of all aspects related to their treatment.
- The performance and interpretation of the analytical tests derived from these diseases or from other pathologies that, by different mechanisms, cause blood dyscrasias, as well as those analytical tests of the hematological type that are necessary for the study, diagnosis and evaluation of processes that affect any organ or system.
- All aspects related to transfusion medicine, such as obtaining and controlling blood and blood products, including hematopoietic progenitors, as well as their therapeutic use.
- Everything related to the treatment of Sintrom.
- Thromboembolic prophylaxis, protocols for use in medical and surgical clinics.
- Anticoagulant treatments; in thrombosis and thromboembolism, in cardiac, oncological patients and in pregnancy.
- Evaluation and treatment of anemic syndrome and polycythemia.
- Evaluation and treatment of leukocytes and leukopenia.
- Evaluation and treatment of thrombocytes and thrombocytopenias.
- Transfusion policy and transfusion safety protocols; permanent advice, training courses.
- Evaluation of processes by studying the peripheral blood smear.
- Diagnosis of haematological processes by performing bone marrow surgical biopsies.