Joaquín Fernández Canillas
- Hospital Quirónsalud Torrevieja
- Hospital Quirónsalud Murcia
Specialities that it attends:
Hospitals where he works:
Hospital Quirónsalud Murcia
Calle Miguel Hernández, 12.
Tel. (+34) 968 365 000
03184 Torrevieja (Alicante)
Teléfono: (+34)966 921 313 / (+34)966 925 761
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from the University of Alicante 1981-1987.
- School of Medicine of Valencia 1989 with a degree of Outstanding.
- Doctorate courses Faculty of Medicine of the Complutense University of Madrid 1991-1992.
- Title of Medical Specialist in Ophthalmology. University General Hospital "Gregorio Marañón" of Madrid MIR 1990-1994.
- Doctoral thesis "Use of moxifloxacin in the therapy of endophthalmitis in an experimental model". Reading slope
-Optional Ophthalmology Area Specialist. University General Hospital of Elche. January to September 1994.
-Optional Ophthalmology Area Specialist. Regional Hospital Vega Baja de Orihuela from October 1994 to the present.
-Since May 2005 with appointment of Fixed Statutory Personnel Retina and Vitreo Section.
-San Jorge Clinic of Alcoy. Private activity since 1998.
-San Jaime de Torrevieja Hospital since 2000. Responsible for Ophthalmology Service since 2003.
-Responsible for Ophthalmology Service of Hospital Quirónsalud Murcia from 2015.
- Anterior pole surgery
Cataract surgery by phacoemulsification. Around 1,200 interventions per year since 1998
Glaucoma surgery Trabeculectomy 100 interventions per year
Penetrating keratoplasty. Experience as a member of the team since the authorization of this surgery in Vega Baja Hospital in 2002, both in explants of donations, and in the realization of the corneal transplant
- Posterior pole surgery
12 years experience in retinal detachment surgery, using classical techniques (around 80 interventions per year)
Vitrectomy (with 20G 23G and 25G techniques) 12 year experience. Around 150 interventions per year
Experiences in special diagnostic techniques
Wide experience in 12 years in the Retina Section in the use of:
- Laser Argon
- Laser Nd: YAG
- Photodynamic therapy
He has also made numerous scientific publications, articles, national and international scientific communications, and has participated in research projects.