he Hospital Quirónsalud Torrevieja offers you the opportunity to "take care of your feet". For this, it has the Podiatry Service, for a correct diagnosis and treatment of the foot affections and deformities.
The Podiatry Service of the Hospital Quirónsalud Torrevieja offers you:
- Chiropodology: treatment of the most common condition of the foot, such as calluses, hardness and thickened nails.
- Treatment of the plantar papilloma: clinical diagnosis and elimination of the plantar wart (papilloma).
- Study and diagnosis of gait alterations: analysis of the changes produced when walking to treat and prevent deformities (bunions) or skin lesions (calluses).
- Adaptations of suitable orthopodological treatments: pioneering service of realization, on the own foot and in the same consultation, of special treatments by means of the use of templates (flat foot, foot cavo).
- Evaluations and comprehensive treatment of diabetic foot:
- Study of the risk of diabetic foot to prevent ulcers and amputations.
- Advice on the care of diabetic feet.
- Sensitivity tests to determine the risk.
- Adaptation of silicone orthosis: small devices that are made on the foot with the intention of correcting or protecting deformities of the fingers (for example, to avoid chafing with a claw finger).
- Nail surgery: surgical and definitive treatment of repetitive injuries due to ingrown nails.
How to detect a problem in the feet.
The pain when walking or standing, is crucial to start knowing that we can have a problem in the feet. Another sign is when "all the shoes bother us". Sometimes we do not find shoes "to our measure", a symptom of foot problems.
Tips to have healthy feet:
- go well shoes.
- hydration with special products.
- proper cuts of the nails.
- go to the podiatrist.