It acts by vaporizing the treated tissues, which drastically reduces postoperative pain by shortening the healing and convalescence periods. It is used under regional anesthesia, so it can be done on an outpatient basis. Its most frequent uses are:
- Fissure and fistula.
- Sinus Pilonidal.
- Condylomata acuminata.
- Non-surgical treatment of anal fissurePrevention and early diagnosis.
Polyps of large intestine. Colon and rectum cancer.
Colon cancer is the second cause of death due to malignant disease in our country. One in 20 people will suffer throughout their life.
Preventive colonoscopy can detect and successfully treat tumors in early stages. Therefore, starting at age 50, it is advisable to carry out an early detection study.
In our Unit we have:
- Monitoring programs and early detection of colon cancer.
- Rectosigmoidoscopy in consultation without previous preparation.
- Colonoscopy and virtual colonoscopy with helical CT (or colonography).
- Detection of occult blood in stool.
Pregnancy: study and proctological monitoring of pregnant women.
Proctological complications due to hormonal changes are frequent during pregnancy. Labor often aggravates these pathologies.
Therefore, in our Coloproctology Unit, and in collaboration with the Obstetrics Service, we perform a specialized follow-up on:
- Non-surgical treatment of anal fissure and hemorrhoids.
- Dietary and pharmacological advice.
- Management of postpartum and puerperium complications.
- Assessment and study of anal incontinence in multiparous women.
20% of the population makes less than two stools per week and makes inappropriate use of laxatives without having undergone a study.
In our Unit we carry out:
- Physiopathological studies. Transit with opaque radio markers.
- Dietary advice.
- Biofeedback and neuromodulation.