The Column Unit of Hospital Quirónsalud Torrevieja has reached a strategic alliance with SpineMark, the first international global network of centers of excellence dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of spinal pathology. The Unit has a multidisciplinary team of professionals, highly specialized, with extensive experience in the management of neck, back and lumbar pathologies, which has the best facilities, the latest technology and the most current treatment protocols.
The main musculoskeletal pathology.
The pathology of the spine is the main cause of musculoskeletal disease. It is estimated that 90% of adults will experience back pain at some point in their life. Of these, between 80 and 90% will find a solution to their problem with a non-invasive treatment. However, despite the frequency, it is a highly complex condition in its approach. For this reason, the Column Unit of Hospital Quirónsalud Torrevieja has a team of first level professionals of all specialties related to the spine and its bone, muscle and nerve structure, which take the patient as the axis of the whole process and with a work methodology aimed at obtaining the best results and always in the least invasive way.
For this, the Unit is a pioneer in the implementation of the first protocol developed following the same parameters as the ISO standard to evaluate the efficacy and results of treatment, according to the highest standards of healthcare excellence.
Considering the particularities that the pathology of the spine is associated with, the Column Unit offers personalized attention to each patient through a Nursing Professional who accompanies the patient throughout the entire process, from the first appointment until the total recovery and that ensures, at all times, that the patient understands the diagnosis, their treatment options and possible outcomes.
The most complex cases are evaluated jointly by all the members of the care team to determine the best treatment options. In those cases in which it is considered that surgery is the best route of treatment, the least invasive route will be applied, according to the work philosophy of the Unit, since it favors the patient's rapid recovery. In cases in which the least invasive route is not indicated, the team of professionals have extensive experience in the surgeries of
more complex column.
The entire healthcare process is carried out by SpineMark, an international leader in research, diagnosis and treatment of spinal pathology. Based in San Diego (California -USE-) and a network of 13 centers around the world, SpineMark and its network of centers work every day to create a universal standard in the care of the spine for which it keeps open various research programs and clinical trials in which the Column Unit of Hospital Quirónsalud Torrevieja participates, the private hospital with the best technological endowment in the Valencian Community.
- Emergency 24h: With the aim always to meet the needs of our patients, the Unit has a 24-hour emergency service, which provides a first urgent care in cases where you can not wait for a consultation with the specialist of the Unit. From this first contact, the patient is referred to the usual circuit of the Unit.
- High resolution consultation: taking into account the specificities of the spinal pathology and in order to offer the patient the most accurate diagnosis in the shortest time possible, the Unit has a high resolution consultation that allows, in almost all cases, that the patient goes back home with all the diagnostic tests done in a day.
- External consultations.
- Rehabilitation Area.
- Minimally invasive treatment area (acupuncture, ...).
- Diagnostic Imaging: (CT, Resonance, conventional radiology).
- Neurophysiological diagnosis: (electromyography, evoked potentials).
- Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology.
- Anesthesiology and Pain Therapy.
- Rehabilitation and Physical Medicine.
- Clinical psychology.