The Neurorrehabilitation Service of the Hospital Quirónsalud Torrevieja incorporates the latest technology applied to neurological injuries with the:
- AUGMENTED REALITY
- MULTI-TOUCH SCREEN
- VIRTUAL REALITY (BIOTRAK)
What is augmented reality?
Augmented reality is a system that mixes virtual images with real images, achieving a great visual impact that facilitates spatial understanding thanks to the virtual objects that are shown in 3D. This technology has educational purposes for patients, and also for family members: understanding is much faster and more intuitive.
What is the multitouch screen?
The multi-touch screen allows interaction with the application in an intuitive and completely natural way between one or several patients, since the touch surface simultaneously recognizes multiple points of contact.
What does virtual rehabilitation bring?
Virtual rehabilitation is a training based on simulation exercises using virtual reality technology. This system provides a sensory experience with:
- greater security: exercises in controllable, repeatable and safe virtual environments.
- adaptability: it is the system that adapts to the patient, and not vice versa.
- motivation: immersive exercises with playful background.
- objectivity: objective data that allow assessing the patient's condition and its evolution over time.
This virtual rehabilitation is done through the Biotrak, a technological solution that consists of a series of exercises designed by specialists: range exercises, balance platform exercises and cognitive exercises (escalation of consciousness), which allows a detailed improvement and control of the evolution of the patient.
The NEURORREHABILITATION SERVICE of the Hospital Quirónsalud Torrevieja has first class facilities equipped with:
- Occupational therapy classroom that reproduces a home.
- Virtual reality and multi-touch room.
- Facilities for admission with adapted rooms.
- Therapeutic bath.
- Fitness center.
- Balance valuation platform.
- Customized assessment and intervention.
- Augmented reality program for family members of patients.
The novelty of our hospital service is based on the organizational and treatment model: rehabilitation from functional objectives and applied technology, under the concept UN PATIENT-A THERAPIST.
In addition, the NEURORREHABILITATION SERVICE of the Quirónsalud Hospital offers the following assistance:
- Medical assessment and diagnosis.
- Assessment and therapeutic diagnosis.
- Physical and Functional Rehabilitation.
- Applied technology.
- Cognitive Stimulation.
- Rehabilitation of language and communication.
- Assessment and stimulation in neurodegenerative pathologies.
- Family support.
- Training to the habitual caregiver.
- Technical and structural adaptation of housing.
The NEURORREHABILITACIÓN SERVICE introduces the technology applied in the therapies counting on VIRTUAL REALITY, MULTITACTIC TECHNOLOGY and specialized software, seeking to fulfill our commitment of maximum quality of care and efficiency in the treatment.
In the Hospital Quirónsalud Torrevieja we have the best team of professionals, highly qualified.
The neurological injury requires the attention of a specialized multidisciplinary team, which simultaneously and integrally addresses the consequences of the injury, without forgetting the care of the patient's relatives.
The multidisciplinary team is made up of professionals specialized in: Neurology, Rehabilitation Medicine, Neuropsychology, Clinical Psychology, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy.