The Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Service is the specialty medical-surgical, exercised by professionals with a high qualification and preparation, responsible for treating a broad spectrum of congenital and acquired diseases or dysfunctions in the skull, face, head, neck, mouth, jaw and related structures (teeth, salivary glands, ATM, etc).
The specialists at Hospital Quirónsalud Torrevieja have extensive knowledge of dentistry, medicine and surgery to solve the diseases of the various areas covered by the specialty.
Hospital Quirónsalud Torrevieja offers first level treatments in the field of Maxillofacial Surgery such as oral surgery, facial traumatology, salivary gland tumors, oral cancer, etc.
- Removal of wisdom teeth and teeth included.
- Cysts and lesions of the jaws.
- Lingual and labial braces.
- Treatment of the pathology of the salivary glands.
- Pathology of the lips, sequels, cleft lip.
- Treatment of the temporo-mandibular joint (TMJ).
- Facial traumatology.
- Treatment of benign and malignant tumors of the head, face, neck and mouth.
- Orthognathic surgery and dento-facial deformities.
- Pathology and medicine of the mouth.
- Surgery prior to the placement of dental prostheses.
- Dental implantology.
It is a branch of Oral Surgery and Dentistry that treats the diseases of the gums and the tissues that support the teeth.
The most frequent symptoms of periodontal disease are redness and spontaneous bleeding of the gums, the bad smell or taste of mouth, increased sensitivity, elongated teeth or mobility in more extreme cases.
The treatment consists of eliminating or correcting the factors that cause the gum disease and depending on the severity and affectation:
- Scraped and smoothed.
- Mucogingival grafts.
- Regeneration of tissues.
- Dental Aesthetics.
- Education in oral health.
Most of the time the treatments are performed under local anesthesia.
Pathology of the temporo-mandibular joint (TMJ).
The temporo-mandibular joint (TMJ) connects the jawbone to the skull. It allows us to talk, chew, gesture, etc. When there is an alteration of this joint we find symptoms such as:
- Pain, which can radiate to head, face and neck.
- Rigidity in muscles of the face.
- Limitation in mouth opening.
- Articular clicks.
- Dislocation of the joint.
- Changes in the alignment of the teeth.
Sometimes we find the phenomenon known as BRUXISM which is the habit of clenching or grinding of teeth, performed outside of the moments of food chewing. This habit can wear or break the tooth, sharpen or cause gingivitis, produce headache.
The treatment of these disorders includes: physical measures, relaxation exercises, orthopedic devices (splints), infiltrations, surgery, etc.
In our Unit we offer the following treatments:
- Filled with hyaluronic acid.
- Infiltrations with botulinum toxin (Botox).
- Facial mesotherapy.
- Tensioning wires.
- Facial rejuvenation.
- Galvanic current.
- Brushing, exfoliation.
- Ozone therapy.
In addition to this, you can also receive dental treatments in our specialty of Dentistry and Orthodontics.