Specialty of Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology that deals with osteoarticular problems of the knee. The Hospital Quirónsalud Torrevieja is a reference in the use of advanced techniques for minimally invasive surgery of the knee. Its specialists are a reference in the treatment of sports pathologies.
The Hospital Quirónsalud Torrevieja has a Knee Unit, where all diagnostic and treatment techniques for different knee pathologies are combined on a multidisciplinary basis.
- Meniscectomy by arthroscopy and Radiofrequency treatments (Arthrocare, Vulcan, Serfas) in meniscal lesions in cases that require it.
- Meniscal sutures.
- Meniscal transplants.
- Ligamentous plasty in fractures of anterior or posterior cruciate ligament associated or not to meniscal lesions.
- Treatment of Cartilage pathology with Radiofrequency (Arthrocare, Vulcan, Serfas Treatment of Rotulian Pathologies by arthroscopy.
- Treatments with Plasma Rich in Platelets: it is an autologous preparation, non-toxic, non-allergenic, obtained by centrifugation of the blood of the patient to intervene whose advantage is to accelerate bone repair by strengthening the quality of the bone formed (osteogenesis), inducing premature healing of the wounds since it increases the revascularization (angiogenesis) and stimulates the synthesis and differentiation of the precursor cells, accelerating the repair and healing of the wounds, releasing factors that stimulate the reproduction of the cells (fibroblasts and endothelial cells).
- Total knee arthroplasty in patients with severe osteoarthritis with the implantation of a fixed-plate prosthesis as a mobile plate.
- Revision arthroplasties in patients with failure of a primary prosthesis.
- Partial partial or bi-compartment arthroplasties.
- Femoropatellar arthroplasties.
- Realignments of extensor patella apparatus both proximally and distally.
- Varieting and / or valgizing osteotomies.
- Fracture Treatment.
Treatment with hyaluronic acid: for degenerative processes that require joint infiltration. The hyaluronic acid in the body is a natural element of the synovial fluid and acts on the joints as a lubricant for the cartilage and ligaments, and as a protective effect against mechanical forces.
Injections of hyaluronic acid in the joint allow to recover the viscosity and elasticity, as well as to reduce pain and improve the mobility of the joint.