Cookies are files that may be downloaded to one's computer through a website. They are essential tools for providing a number of services for the information society. Cookies allow a website to store information on the search habits of a particular user or computer so that the information may be recovered. Depending on the information obtained, cookies may be used to identify the user and improve the service offered.
Types of cookies
Two types of cookies exist depending on the entity that manages the domain from which the cookies are sent and the entity that processes the data obtained from the domain:
- First-party cookies: These are those sent to an user terminal from an equipmet or domain administered by the editor and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: They are those sent to the user terminal from an equipment or domain not administered by the editor, but by another entity that manages the data through the cookies.
There exists another system for classifying cookies based on the length of time the cookies remain in the client's browser. According to this classification, there are two types of cookies:
- Session cookies: : They are a kind of cookies designed to gather and store data while the user accesses to a Web Page. They are usually used to store information only necessary to preserve the service provision requested by the user just once and the expire at the session closing or when the user closes the navigator.
- Persistent cookies: They are a kind of cookies in which data are still stored at the terminal to be accessed and used several times. They can be accessed and managed during a time defined by the cookie responsible, varying from some minutes to several years.
According to the purpose for which the obtained data are used, there exist other kinds of cookies:
- Technical cookies: They are those that allow the user to navigate through a Web Page or platform and to use the different options or services existing on it such as, for example, controlling the data traffic and communication, identifying the session, accessing to restricted access areas.
- Personalization cookies: They are those that allow the user to access to the service with some general features predefined by some criteria at the user terminal, such as the language or the navigator.
- Analysis cookies: These allow their responsible person to follow and analyze the users’ behavior to which they are linked. Information gathered by this kind of cookies is used to measure the activity of the web sites, web pages or platforms and to elaborate the users’ navigation profiles.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: These cookies store information about the users’ behavior gathered by the continuous observation of their navigation habits, allowing to develop a specific profile to show advertising pieces according to this profile.
- Advertising cookies: They are those that allow the management, as efficient as possible, of the advertising spaces.
Cookies used by the website
The following is a description of the cookies used by this website, including their type and function:
Grupo Hospitalario Quirónsalud websites use Google Analytics, a service provided by Google to analyze web access. This service allows for browsing of the websites to be measured and analyzed. According to the above-mentioned type, these are first-party session cookies used for analysis. You may find additional information on cookies and learn how to disable use of these cookies by clicking on the following link:
This analysis provides information on the number of users who access the website, the number of page views, the frequency of visits and repeat visits, duration of site visits, the browser used, the ISP used, the language, the computer used, or the city where the system IP is registered. This information makes it possible for the website to provide better and more appropriate service.
The Grupo Hospitalario Quirónsalud website also uses a first-person cookie to identify the session information. This is used to maintain the user's session within the web browser. This cookie is used to ensure the page is running properly.
Changing cookie settings
You may restrict, block, or delete the cookies of quirónsalud or any other website by using your search engine. Every search engine is different, and the "Help" function will guide you through the process.
- Internet Explorer: windows.microsoft.com/es-xl/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-10
You may also manage cookie storage in your browser by using tools such as the following: