Marino Blanes Juliá
- Hospital Quirónsalud Valencia
- Medicina InternaInternal Medicine
Unit of Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases Dr. Blanes
- Differential diagnosis of complex problems
- Treatment of the multi-pathological patient
- Study and treatment of Febrile Syndromes of unknown origin
- General infectious and nosocomial pathology
- Infectious pathology of the immunocompromised patient (opportunistic infection)
- Splenectomized patient care (vaccinations and prophylaxis of the infection)
- Complex infection associated with prostheses, pacemakers, devices, ...
- Traveler's Medicine (especially the traveler with basic medical problems)
- Tropical diseases
- Medical consultation of the different surgical areas
- Focus and comprehensive and multidisciplinary treatment of the patient
Medicina Interna Dr. Blanes
Plaza Legión Española, 4
Telephone contact: 963 391 101 / 963 390 400
UNIVERSITY ACADEMIC EDUCATION
- University Education: Faculty of Medicine of the University of Valencia, 1975-81.
- Bachelor's Degree: Bachelor's Degree with outstanding qualification, 1,982.
- Doctoral Thesis: Doctor's Degree with outstanding qualification "cum laude" made at the University of Valencia on the subject: "Infection in the Patient undergoing Cardiac Transplantation: Transmission of latent infections", 2,000.
- Training in the specialty of INTERNAL MEDICINE via M.I.R. in the Internal Medicine Service of the Hospital "La Fe" of Valencia (Dr. M. Caballero) 1.983-88.
- Specific training in Infectious Diseases in the Clinical Microbiology Service of the "Gregorio Marañón" Hospital in Madrid (Dr. E. Bouza) 1987.
- MASTERS AND INTERNATIONAL POSTGRADUATE COURSES:
- 5th Postgraduate Education Course (European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases): INFECTIONS IN SOLID ORGAN TRANSPLANT RECIPIENTS, 1.997.
- Medical Management of HIV Training Program. NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY MEDICAL SCHOOL OF CHICAGO, Illinois, 1999.
- 7th HIV Medical Management Update: 2005. JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE, DIVISION OF INFECTIOUS DISEASES, BALTIMORE, Maryland, 2005.
- Deputy Physician of Internal Medicine in the Emergency Service of the University Hospital "La Fe" of Valencia, 1989-1991.
- Deputy Physician Internal Medicine Service University Hospital "La Fe" of Valencia, 1991-1998.
- Physician Assistant in the Infectious Diseases Unit of the University Hospital "La Fe" of Valencia, 1999-present.
ASSISTANT, SCIENTIFIC AND RESEARCH MERITS
- INSTITUTIONAL PARTICIPATION:
- Member of the Teaching Commission of the University Hospital "La Fe" of Valencia, 1.984-88.
- Member of the Editorial Committee of the Journal of the Society of Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiology of the Valencian Community, 1996.
- Member of the Quality Control Commission of Prophylaxis and Antibiotic Policy of the University Hospital "La Fe" of Valencia, 1998-2004.
- Member of the Committee of Tests and Clinical Research of the University Hospital "La Fe" Valencia, 2005-present.
- SCHOLARSHIPS AS A MAIN INVESTIGATOR:
- FIS SCHOLARSHIP (Social Security Health Research Fund): Topic: "The Acute Phase Reaction in Acute Myocardial Infarction: Role of the Cytokines IL-1, TNF and IL-6". Main investigator, in collaboration with the Unit of Hepatology (Dr. JV. Castell) of the Research Center of the Hospital "La Fe" of Valencia, 1990.
- RESEARCH NETWORKS OF THE FIS: G03 / 075 RESITRA. Research Network of Infection in Transplantation: Infection and Transplantation. Coordinator of the Hospital Node "La Fe", 2003-06.
- FIPSE SCHOLARSHIP: Fipse Study of Hepatic Transplantation in Patients Infected with HIV in Spain. Coordinator of the Hospital Node "La Fe", 2002-08.
- COMMUNICATIONS TO NATIONAL CONGRESSES: 37
- COMMUNICATIONS TO INTERNATIONAL CONGRESSES: 26
- PRESENTATIONS AT CONGRESSES AND MEETINGS: 20
- PUBLICATIONS IN NATIONAL MAGAZINES: 23
- PUBLICATIONS IN INTERNATIONAL MAGAZINES: 21
- CHAPTERS IN BOOKS: 15
- PARTICIPATION IN CLINICAL TRIALS: 18
- Member of the Spanish Society of Internal Medicine.
- Member of the Spanish Society of Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiology.
- Founding member of the Spanish Society of Tropical Medicine and International Health.
- "BEST in CLASS" AWARD in EXCELLENCE in Patient Care for the best Infectious Diseases Unit. University Hospital "La Fe". Year 2006. (According to the Patient Care Quality Index, ICA