In the Service of Breast Surgery of Quirónsalud Valencia Hospital we have ample experience in improving the results and the quality of life of the oncological patient.
That is why we offer you Intraoperative Radiotherapy (RIO), a high precision technique that allows us to administer in a single surgical act the dose of radiotherapy equivalent to several or all external radiotherapy sessions, improving the quality of the patient during the process of recovery.
- Reduces or suppresses external radiotherapy sessions.
- Allows direct visualization of the bed to be irradiated (prevents damage to healthy tissues)
- Integrated into a multidisciplinary program (which includes chemotherapy, hormone therapy, external radiotherapy, and breast reconstruction)
At the Quirónsalud Valencia Hospital we work to improve the quality of our oncology patients by providing first-class hospital facilities, the best technology on the market and the best medical professionals.
The best technology at the service of breast cancer patients
ONE treatment: one dose, one treatment, one day
Intraoperative radiotherapy allows, in a single surgical act, the extirpation, irradiation and reconstruction of the breast, reducing to 30 minutes the procedure of irradiation in the operating room compared to standard treatments of more than 6 weeks.
- It administers a single dose of radiotherapy in a single surgical act.
- Decreases side effects
- It allows breast reconstruction by being part of a multidisciplinary program.
- It is indicated in patients at an early stage of the disease.
More information on 96 104 16 01