The Functional Urinary Unit at Hospital Quirónsalud Valencia is made up of a multidisciplinary team of professionals whose objective is centred on improving the quality of life and/or relieving symptoms related to urination, such as urinary incontinence or difficulty urinating.
We carry out a specialised evaluation using specialised diagnostic tests to offer personalised medical treatment. We currently have a wide therapeutic arsenal that, together with our conservative techniques, the modification of lifestyle habits, bladder re-education or behavioural techniques, significantly improve our patient’s conditions.
We currently count with innovative techniques that have simplified surgical procedures and minimised complications. Hospitalisation, in these cases, is under 34 hours, and the recovery rate is up to 90% of our patients.
What disorders to we treat?
- Urinary incontinence.
- Urinary frequency.
- Nocturia or the need to urinate at night.
- Loss of urinary strength.
- Difficulty urinating.
- Recurrent urinary infections.
- Urinary sequela from certain surgeries or diseases.
Situations or pathologies related to these disorders:
- Vaginal delivery.
- Old age.
- Pelvic floor weakness (coughing, COPD, athletes, professions requiring effort).
- Pelvic surgery or radiotherapy (urological, gynaecological or digestive).
- Prolapse of pelvic organs.
- Diseases of the prostate.
- Diabetes Mellitus and other endocrine diseases.
- Dementia, Parkinson’s and other neurological diseases.
- Diseases and trauma of the vertebral spine.
- Fibromyalgia, lupus and other neurological diseases.
- High blood pressure.
- Cardiac diseases.