In the hospital
I’ve reached the hospital
Once you arrive at the hospital, please contact the Reception located on the ground floor .The contact person for international patients will be able to provide you with any information you may need before, during and after your stay at the hospital. You can contact her by telephone +34-961041641 ext. 21244 or by e.mail (email@example.com). She will also help you attend your first clinical appointment and, if required, will help with your admission.
If you are interested in undergoing surgery, you will first have to be assessed by the appropriate specialist. The physician taking care of you will find it very useful if you can provide as much prior information as possible: case history, diagnostic imaging results, recent clinical analyses. After you have been seen by the specialist, the person for international patients will be able to provide you with an approximate estimate of the cost of your procedure.
Your stay at the hospital
From the moment you are admitted, our personnel will take care of monitoring your health and providing you with the necessary medical care. The personnel on the ward will explain the details of your stay, and address any queries you may have.
During your stay, you will be treated by a team of professionals with the shared goal of improving your health status. Please collaborate with them by following their instructions. All personnel wear ID badges showing their names and professional category. If this is not visible, please do not hesitate to ask for it. Your attending physician is the one who prescribed your admission. This physician will be responsible for all your treatment or will request the corresponding specialist to prescribe any diagnostic tests that may be necessary.
In addition, our team of nursing professionals, comprising nurses and nursing assistants, will take care of providing you will all the care you need to ensure ongoing, comprehensive and personalized attention. if there is anything you need, please notify the ward personnel. We will be delighted to help you.
If you are following any prescribed medical treatment, please report this to the nurse when you arrive. You must not take any medication without the knowledge of the healthcare personnel looking after you.
Quirónsalud Valencia Hospital is equipped with the latest generation imaging technology (magnetic resonance (3 and 1.5 Tesla), , ultrasound echography, densitometers, gamma camera, mammogram, etc.). All the tests you may require will be performed at the centre without the need for you to travel anywhere. We also have a fully-equipped laboratory for clinical analyses.
If you already have some clinical tests and medical reports, we recommend you bring them with you to the hospital so that the attending physician can evaluate whether or not it is necessary to perform certain tests.
All patients are accommodated in individual rooms equipped with:
• A bed fitted with an easy-to-use electrically-controlled system for changing the bed’s position so that you can alter its posture whenever you wish.
• Nurse call button, located beside the head of your bed, so that you can request assistance from the nursing personnel whenever you require.
• A sofa-bed for the person accompanying you and a complete bathroom.
• A centralized oxygen and vacuum system.
• Adjustable hot/cold air conditioning.
• Television, telephone and WI-FI (in order to activate these services or to check the prices, please contact the Payment Centre located on the Ground Floor next to Admissions).
• Any items you need for your personal hygiene, and also slippers, night dress or pyjamas, are your private property and you should bring them with you from home. However, the centre will be able to provide you with gowns for surgical procedures requiring these or in the case of an emergency admission until you can have your own brought in.
• It is forbidden to bring into your room any other items, such as TVs, food, your own furniture or items from elsewhere in the Hospital, etc.
• Smoking is prohibited throughout the hospital. There are no exceptions.
If you are able to follow an unrestricted diet, the Hospital provides several menus for you to choose from.
The nursing assistants will give you a leaflet each day for you to choose your menu for the following day. Approximate meal times will be:
• Breakfast: 8:00 a.m.
• Lunch: 1:00 p.m.
• Snack: 5:00 p.m.
• Dinner: 8:00 p.m.
Do not forget that your meals form part of your treatment. The preparation and suitability of your diet is supervised by specialist personnel.
The hospital has round-the-clock parking facilities available. Please consult the Payment Centre for details of reduced charges for long-term stays.
The hospital provides a hairdressing service for admitted patients. Please ask your nurse how to contract hairdressing services.
If you require the presence of a priest, please alert the nursing staff, who will inform you of the timetables established. Outside these times, the hospital does not provide any religious services. In addition, there is a Chapel available on the Ground Floor; it is open from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. from monday until friday. (Catholic services).
Pursuant to the Personal Data (Protection) Act (Fundamental Law 15 dated December 13th, 1999), the hospital does not furnish any information about whether or not you have been admitted, therefore you must inform intending visitors of your room number.