The Pediatrics is in charge of the integral care in the aspects of promotion, prevention, diagnosis and treatment of the problems and the pathologies of the child from 0 to 14 years. The basic activities carried out in the Hospital Quirónsalud Costa Adeje are Clinical Pediatrics, Preventive Pediatrics and Childcare and Pediatrics of Development and Social.
- Clinical pediatrics: curative-restorative care for the sick child, using the appropriate diagnostic-therapeutic procedures, pharmaceutical prescription, document completion, coordination with other medical specialties that deal with pediatric care (cardiology, pulmonology, otorhinolaryngology, allergology , dentistry, ophthalmology, dermatology, urology ...) and referral to other levels of care if necessary.
- Preventive pediatrics and childcare: focusing on health promotion and disease prevention, with various activities such as the control program of the healthy child, promotion of breastfeeding, screening of risk factors or specific pathologies (neonatal detection of metabolopathies, early hearing loss, hip dysplasia, etc ...), development, control and monitoring of vaccination programs, oral and ophthalmological health and accident prevention.
- Developmental and Social Pediatrics: Assessing the maturation process of the child both physically and psychically and the relationship of this with their social environment (family, school, community), addressing problems of interrelation with the family, school learning, emotional problems, behavior alterations, delay in toilet training, etc ... together with the support of child psychology.
The Pediatric Service has the rest of the specialties that are part of the process for the diagnosis of minor's illnesses:
- Radiodiagnosis: conventional radiography, ultrasound, Axial Tomography (CT), Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR).
- Laboratory: Hemogram, biochemistry, hormones, microbiology, serology tests, allergy tests, etc.
- Functional tests: spirometry, urea test for diagnosis of helicobacter pylori infection, etc.
- Neurophysiology: EEG, Evoked potentials.