This service is included in the Sport Institute of the Hospital Quirónsalud Torrevieja, attended by medical and surgical professionals specialized in Sports Traumatology. This institute deals with any problem derived from sports practice, both elite and amateur. One of the added values of this specialty in the Hospital Quirónsalud Torrevieja is that it works in a multidisciplinary manner with other specialties, whose professionals make up the Sports Institute: Cardiology, Endocrinology, Pneumology, Nutrition and Rehabilitation.
The Sport Institute of the Hospital Quirónsalud Torrevieja, in Torrevieja, encompasses a multidisciplinary team of health professionals from different specialties who have organized themselves into a functional unit whose objective is to advise, prepare, treat and improve the performance of three specific groups of patients:
- the elite athletes,
- Sports fans and those who focus on physical activity as a way to improve their quality of life.
Concentrate on beating your marks. The professionals of the Sports Institute of the Hospital Quirónsalud Torrevieja take care of everything else.
The Sports Institute has the necessary means to provide you with the support you need to improve your sports practice:
- Preventive treatments and health education to obtain the best performance in elite athletes and amateurs.
- Personalized monitoring and control of health status programs.
- Advice for training plans.
- Diagnosis and treatment of pathologies related to sports practice.
The Sports Check.
The Sports Institute of the Hospital Quirónsalud Torrevieja has designed a specific sports check that aims to allow all people who practice sport reach their maximum level of performance by eliminating the risk of injury. The sports checks are completely customizable and are coordinated at all times by specialists in Sports Medicine, who can guide you to make the most of the study.
Sports checks are adapted to the conditions of people, because of their particularities, to obtain the maximum volume of information and thus help you optimize their performance. In this way, any person who practices sport (either as an amateur or as an elite athlete) will find in the Sports Checking Program a precise, efficient and agile tool to improve their brands.
These types of checks are especially indicated at the beginning of a specific training or at the beginning of a specific sports practice. It is also very useful for those who are starting to play sports to improve their quality of life or as a support to a weight loss program.
The sports check has a basic package that is customized according to your needs:
- Family, personal and sports history by a specialist in Sports Medicine.
- Anthropometric assessment: weight, height, Body Mass Index, skin folds.
- Locomotor system assessment.
- Cardiorespiratory Exploration and Blood Pressure Evaluation.
- Resting electrocardiogram.
- Evaluation of sports training through a stress test with blood pressure measurement.
- Food Survey coordinated by the Nutrition Unit.
- Blood test: blood count, ion biochemistry, renal and hepatic profile, + CK
At the end of the check you will receive a complete report of results and the recommendations of the specialist so that you can focus only on beating your marks.
All injuries resulting from the practice of any sports exercise are treated.