The Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy service of the Hospital Quirónsalud Torrevieja aims to prevent, diagnose and treat injuries derived from sports practice. Through rehabilitation, the return to the best physical conditions is sought in an effective and lasting manner, in the shortest possible time. The professional team of Quirónsalud Torrevieja has rehabilitators and physiotherapists specialized in sport in sports pathologies, as well as those derived from complex surgical interventions.
Our facilities include a room designed for multidisciplinary treatments, and equipped with the latest technological advances applied to the world of sports. The rehabilitation programs are aimed at all athletes, regardless of their level, and are adjusted to the injury suffered, the physical condition and the sport or activity practiced by the patient.
Individualized and personalized attention ensures continuous monitoring and a close doctor-physiotherapist-patient relationship. In our Rehabilitation Service we have a specialist in Rehabilitation and Physical Medicine and physiotherapists specialized in different fields of physiotherapy and auxiliary. The facilities include a large room designed for multidisciplinary treatments equipped with the latest technologies in rehabilitation, as well as several units for individualized treatments.
In Hospital Quirónsalud Torrevieja we have a specialized gym equipped with the latest technologies to carry out programs on back, sports, traffic accidents, recovery after injuries and interventions, etc. The treatments are focused on:
- Prevention of osteoarticular and musculotendinous lesions.
- Pre-surgical preparation.
- Postsurgical recovery.
- Recovery of sports injuries.
- Readaptation to sport.
We have a team of physiotherapists with extensive training in:
- Traumatology and rheumatology.
- Pathologies of upper limb and lower limb.
- Muscle chains.
- Back school.
The multidisciplinary treatments are applied with the latest rehabilitation techniques and technologies:
- Kinesitherapy: treatment for the prevention and recovery of injuries by movement.
- Electrotherapy: ultrasound, laser, combination therapy, electrostimulator, TENS.
- Reeducation of walking: correct and reeducate postural control, assess ambulatory technical aids, reeducation of effort and prevention of falls.
- Neuromuscular bandages or kinesiotaping: therapeutic bandage with elastic and adaptable tape whose purpose is the recovery of musculoskeletal, osteoarticular and circulatory injuries.
- Functional bandages: partial immobilization used in ligamentous, tendinous and muscular injuries that allows certain functional mobility.