The Ophthalmology Service at Hospital Quirónsalud Torrevieja offers the most advanced techniques for the performance of cataract surgery. Thanks to our techniques and the high specialisation of our physicians, we achieve a quick recovery for our patients, and a post-operatory period with barely any discomfort, all with the peace of mind and guarantee provided by a hospital setting.
What are Cataracts?
Cataracts are an opacity produced with the passage of time in the natural lens of our eye, which we call crystalline lens. It is located behind the iris and the pupil. Cataracts start to form after forty years of age, because the proteins that make up the crystalline start to deteriorate, which makes the lens start to cloud over.
What are the Symptoms of Cataracts?
The symptoms of cataracts include:
- Blurred vision.
- Excessive sensitivity to light.
- Double vision.
- Poor night vision.
- Diluted and even yellowish colour vision.
What does Cataract Surgery Consist of?
Cataract surgery consists of emptying the crystalline using ultrasound technology, to then replace it with a lens. This lens may be monofocal, which allows us to correct near-sightedness, bifocal to correct both near- and far-sightedness, or multifocal, which would also allow us to correct astigmatism.
Advantages of Cataract Surgery
- Outpatient treatment; the patient returns home after the intervention.
- It is performed under local anaesthesia, with barely any discomfort during the intervention.
- Post-operatory period with almost no discomfort.
- Quick recovery; patients can return to their usual life in just a few days.
Call and request your date in +34 966 925 761