For more information, call 900 250 255
This technique makes it possible to preserve gametes (oocytes and sperm) so that they maintain their biological capacity and viability, thus allowing women to postpone pregnancy with a reasonable level of guarantee.
When is it recommended?
- For patients who are at risk of loss of ovarian function.
- In oncology patients (men and women) who must receive radiation or chemotherapy.
- For women who wish to postpone motherhood.
- In young patients who have a weak response to ovarian stimulation, vitrification makes it possible to produce an ample number of eggs so that an embryo can be transferred at a later time.
What does it involve?
Fertility preservation techniques available through Quirónsalud:
- Egg vitrification(link a apartado de vitrificación)
- Semen cryopreservation
How effective is it?
This technique has a good success rate for certain types of women when a sufficient number of eggs is obtained, among other factors.