A number of measures were taken during the construction of this website to ensure that the largest number of people possible may access the information and the services provided through the site independently of the limitations of the user him or herself or limitations having to do with context of use.
The following measures were taken:
- Use of cascading style sheets to present information
- User-friendly, intuitive, and alternative navigation systems
- Alternative descriptions for images
- Mechanisms to verify proper page loading through different search engines and devices
- Use of universal and alternative formats
- Links offering details about the function or destination of the hyperlink
- Use of the standards set forth by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
- Access to the most frequently used commands using keyboard shortcuts
- Website design adapted to browsers' screen size so that the site may be properly browsed using mobile devices
COMPLIANCE WITH STANDARDS
The pages contained in this website meet the AA standard according to the UNE 139803:2004 norm and comply with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 of the W3C. All the requirements contained under Priority 1 and Priority 2 and a subset of Priority 3 requirements have been manually checked for accessibility using various semi-automated tools, user agents, and specialist technicians.
The following keyboard shortcuts are defined for this website:
- Access key 0 - Statement on accessibility
- Access key 1 - Home page
- Access key 2 - Site map
- Access key 3 - Contact us
- Access key 4 - Search
- Access key 5 - Access content
Use of access keys depends on the search engine:
- Internet Explorer: ALT + shortcut + ENTER
- Firefox: ALT + SHIFT + shortcut
- Opera: SHIFT + ESC + shortcut
- Google Chrome: ALT + shortcut
Accessible design allows users to customize the font size. This action can be carried out in different ways according to the search engine being used. The menu option where this can be done is as follows:
- Mozilla Firefox: View > Zoom
- Internet Explorer: View > Zoom
- Opera: View > Zoom > %
- Safari: View > Make text bigger
- Google Chrome: Tools
In addition to the standards of web accessibility, this website uses XHTML 1.0 Transitional markup language and cascading style sheets for its design. These standards guarantee accessibility through any device that conforms to the W3C recommendations.
Some HTML pages may be complemented with other types of formatting. For these pages, well-established formats offering free plugins have been used:
The Adobe Reader full installer, which includes a plugin for the visually impaired, must be used in order to read the .pdf documents:
Download Adobe Reader
Flash format for videos, animations, or multimedia
USEFUL INFORMATION ON ACCESSIBILITY
The following is a list of links by category with additional information on accessibility.
RULES AND TECHNICAL DOCUMENTS ON ACCESSIBILITY:
The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), an international community working toward developing Web standards.
W3C's Web Accessibility Initiative.
MARKUP VALIDATOR FOR DOCUMENTS IN HTML, CSS, AND ACCESSIBILITY:
HTML markup validator.
Taw, a service evaluating web pages for accessibility issues.
CONTACT US TO IMPROVE ACCESSIBILITY
Help make our website more accessible. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on accessibility. To do so, send an email to the address at the bottom of the page.
© 2023 Quirónsalud - Todos los derechos reservados